Cold Reading is now an essential skill for Australian Actors to have – MEAA and CGA guidelines for self-tapes have recently changed to allow actors to hold the script during their test. Learn how to use this rule change to your advantage.
In this one-day in-person workshop you will receive my expert techniques to:
- Give a great audition and self-test within a fast turnaround time.
- Stay connected to your reader even with a script in hand.
- Use cold-read techniques to help you work efficiently.
- My quick and effective script analysis method.
- Create multiple versions of the scene to give the director options.
- Harness and present your personality in order to be remembered in the audition room.
As a working Casting Director I know first-hand that we often have very fast turnarounds – sometimes needing to show clients Actors within 24 hours – that means you’ll have even less time than that!
Many Actors worry that reading off a page is going to confine them artistically – but learn these dynamic techniques and you will harness a sense of freedom and play in your audition or self-test.
When: Saturday 23rd March 2024. 9.30am-5pm.
Location: Rasmussen Casting, Mcdowall Brisbane.
Only 10 places available – please book now to avoid disappointment.
Payment Plans Available for your convenience – Afterpay, Klarna and Paypal Pay-In-4.
Please Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this workshop.